Duncan Park Explorers Camp
Duncan Park is an Episcopal camp of the Diocese of West Texas, located in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
Explorers Camp is for rising 10th through graduated 12th graders; activities include outdoor rock-climbing, an overnight backpacking and camping excursion, group activities and games, and hikes in the surrounding National Forests. Duncan Park is committed to offering fun, life-changing experiences to families and youth in a safe, Christ-centered community. Leadership at camp is provided by program staff and counselors, as well as a priest from the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas, serving as chaplain for the week.
Registration cost is $725, which includes roundtrip airfare from the San Antonio International Airport; scholarships are available.
A Day at Duncan Park
Each session at Duncan Park is unique and activities change from week to week. Sessions begin with an acclimation day to allow campers to adjust to the higher elevation, but the rest of the week is action-packed.
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day at Duncan Park:
- Wake up and head to the Main Lodge for breakfast
- Prepare for adventure! Adventures may include rock climbing, white water rafting, hiking, or backpacking
- Depart for adventure, lunch on the trail/road
- Return to Duncan Park for dinner
- Free time
- Chapel time with session chaplain
- Off to bed to rest up for the next day
If you have questions about Duncan Park, feel free to contact Jody Davis, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.