Save the Date for Council 2022: February 24-26
The annual Diocesan Council of the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas will convene as an in-person gathering February 24 - 26, 2022 in San Marcos, at the Embassy Suites Conference Center, and hosted by St. Mark's Episcopal Church in San Antonio.
Clergy, as well as lay delegates will assemble to hear ministry reports, conduct the annual business of the Diocese, worship together, participate in workshops, and share fellowship. A selection of reports and worship services will be broadcast live on the diocesan Facebook, Vimeo, and website, at dwtx.org/council.
Online Pre-Council meetings will take place in late January and early February, via Zoom. The Pre-Council meeting dates will be finalized and announced during Fall 2021. Attending a Pre-Council meeting is required for clergy as well as lay delegates and alternates, in order to practice the online voting system and review the usual business items including the proposed diocesan budgets, resolutions, and nominations for elected offices of the Diocese.
Council 2022 Dates & Deadlines
- November 5, 2021: Nomination forms for communicants willing to serve in elected offices of the Diocese due.
- December 31, 2021: Resolutions for consideration are due to Canon Caroline Mowen.
- January 2022: Lay Delegate Certification forms due - date to be announced.
- January & February 2022: Online Pre-Council Convocational Meetings - dates to be announced.
- February 1, 2022: Parochial Report due to The Episcopal Church; End of Year Diocesan Supplemental Reports due.
- February 24 - 26, 2022: 118th Diocesan Council of the Diocese of West Texas.