Diocese of West Texas Finance Office Seeks Accounting Intern
The Episcopal Diocese of West Texas is seeking a part-time Accounting Intern to help the Finance Department support the work of the diocese, its congregations, and other entities. The position will assist with daily work for the following three entities: the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas, the Episcopal Church Corporation in West Texas, and the Episcopal Church Foundation in West Texas. The Accounting Intern will report to and be supervised by Anna Tarver, Director of Finance. The internship will be in-person only; candidates must be able to commute to the diocesan office in San Antonio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing monthly invoices
- Working with diocesan database to prepare donor IRS letters
- Maintaining and preparing Texas Sales Tax refund documentation
- Preparing Journal Entries for Quarterly Fair Market Value Statements
- Assisting with weekly payables
- Maintaining accurate records of Immigration & Refugee Ministries' work for diocesan expenses and grant reports
- Special Projects as assigned
Required skills include:
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite, Email)
- Accurate date recording, entry, and reporting
- Collaboration ability
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
The learning objectives for this internship include gaining entry-level accounting knowledge and nonprofit operation experience.
- Click here to save the full internship description to your web browser's Downloads folder.
Interested applicants may submit a resume to Anna Tarver at email@example.com.
The Episcopal Church Corporation is a nonprofit, benevolent, charitable corporation authorized to receive and administer funds and properties given to the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas. In addition, the Church Corporation acts as a trustee in receiving and administering funds for the use and benefit of the churches in the diocese. The largest part of the Church Corporation’s holdings are the titles to the land and buildings of the churches of the diocese. Trustees of the Church Corporation are elected annually by diocesan Council and serve three-year terms. Click here to view the current trustees.
The Episcopal Church Foundation in West Texas is a charitable religious organization governed by a Board of Directors that includes the Bishop of West Texas. Its Executive Director, Dan E. Butt, and diocesan staff manage the Foundation’s daily activities. The Foundation was created by the diocese to invest and manage funds of the diocese; to be an investment resource to diocesan churches and institutions; and to encourage legacy stewardship within the diocese. Click here to visit the Foundation website.