Pre-Council Meeting Dates Announced
As announced in October, the annual Diocesan Council of the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas will convene as a virtual gathering February 26 and 27, 2021 to ensure the health and safety of all involved, during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The diocesan office will host five Pre-Council meetings for clergy, lay delegates, and lay alternates, via Zoom, in 2021. These meetings will be required for clergy as well as lay delegates and alternates, in order to introduce the virtual check-in procedures for maintaining a quorum, to practice using the online voting system, and to present the usual business items including the proposed diocesan budgets, resolutions, and nominations for elected offices of the Diocese.
Each Pre-Council meeting will take place from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Detailed log-in information will be communicated to participants in January 2021.
- Wednesday, January 27: Northern & Western Convocations
- Thursday, January 28: Eastern & Northeastern Convocations
- Tuesday, February 2: Southern Convocation
- Wednesday, February 3: Valley Convocation
- Thursday, February 4: Central Convocation
When considering lay delegates and alternates for Council 2021, we recommend that congregations communicate the following:
- Delegates and alternates must have access to a reliable internet connection.
- Delegates and alternates must have access to a personal computer (PC) running Windows 7 or newer, OR a Mac running OS 10.12 Sierra or newer, with audio.
- Delegates and alternates must have a unique, personal email address which they will use for online voting and registration.
If a potential delegate is unable to participate in an online gathering and/or attend the pre-council meeting, consider inviting an alternative individual to serve.
Further details regarding certification and registration of delegates is forthcoming. Contact Canon Caroline Mowen for more information and questions.