New Council 2022 Schedule Available Online
A general schedule for the 118th Council of the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas is available on the diocesan Council webpage and listed below. Council 2022 will convene virtually, February 25 - 26. The originally planned agenda was adjusted to accommodate this change to an abbreviated, online format.
The Rt. Rev. David Reed, Bishop of West Texas, will call Council 2022 to order at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, February 25, and the first day will conclude with Choral Evensong, featuring a homily from the Rt. Rev. Rayford High, Assistant Bishop of West Texas, and hosted by the St. Mark's, San Antonio clergy, staff, and choir. Diocesan Council will reconvene on Saturday, February 26 at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn approximately by 12:00 p.m. that day.
Certified clergy and lay delegates will participate in closed, secure sessions hosted on Zoom and use the Simply Voting online portal to cast their ballots. Lay alternates and all other members of the Diocese are invited to view Council in its entirety and engage online through the live broadcast streamed on the diocesan Facebook, Vimeo, and at dwtx.org/council.
Questions regarding Council 2022 may be directed to the diocesan office, at email@example.com.
Friday, February 25 (Day One)
- 9:00 a.m. Certified clergy and lay delegates may begin joining the Day One Zoom session.
- 10:00 a.m. Bishop David Reed calls Council 2022 to order; Opening Prayers and Announcements; Friday Morning Business and Ministry Reports.
- 12:15 p.m. Noonday Prayers and Necrology.
- 12:35 p.m. Council in recess for lunch.
- 1:30 p.m. Council reconvenes, still using the Day One Zoom information; Friday Afternoon Business and Ministry Reports.
- 4:15 p.m. Council in recess until Saturday morning.
- 4:15 p.m. Council Evensong begins, with a homily from Bishop Rayford High and hosted by St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in San Antonio
Saturday, February 26 (Day Two)
- 8:30 a.m. Certified clergy and lay delegates may begin joining the Council 2022 Day Two Zoom.
- 9:00 a.m. Council reconvenes; Bishop High leads Morning Prayer.
- 9:20 a.m. Announcements and a Ballot.
- 9:25 a.m. The Bishop's Address, by Bishop Reed; followed by a short break.
- 10:45 a.m. Saturday Morning Business and Ministry Reports
- 12:00 p.m. Council adjourns.
Council Worship & Prayer: Prayer will be woven throughout Council 2022. All members of the Diocese are invited to participate in the following worship opportunities by joining the live broadcast streamed on the diocesan Facebook, Vimeo, and at dwtx.org/council.
- Noonday Prayer (12:15 p.m., Friday)
- Choral Evensong (4:15 p.m., Friday)
- Morning Prayer (9:00 a.m., Saturday
Replacing Lay Delegates with Alternates: At 3:00 p.m. on February 24, an email with the Simply Voting link and individual Election ID will be sent to certified clergy and lay delegates. Alternates and delegates may not rotate while Council is in session. If a delegate cannot be present, an alternate may replace them only during the following times, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and copying the delegate and alternate:
- Before 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 24: The change will take effect when Council convenes Friday, February 25.
- After 12:01 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 24, until 4:00 p.m. Friday, Feb. 25:The change will take effect when Council reconvenes Saturday, February 26.
Council Booklet Updated with New Agenda: The Council Booklet now includes the updated agenda on Page 3, as well as the Proposed Diocesan Budgets, Report of the Nominations Committee, 2022 Resolutions, and other event details. Click here to save a printable version of the updated Council Booklet. A new tab will open and the file will automatically save to your browser's Download folder. Click here to open the updated Council Booklet as an online PDF, with a reduced file size for faster online viewing.