Camp Capers Releases 2021 Summer Camp Covid-19 Guidelines
Camp Capers has published participation guidelines to mitigate the risk of transmission and spread of COVID-19 during the 2021 Summer Camp season. The guidelines were developed based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Texas Department of State Health Services, American Camp Association, local health officials, and the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas. As more up-to-date information about COVID-19 emerges, Camp Capers will alter plans to adhere to any updates in guidance.
The guidelines include the following protocols with expanded instructions, and others:
- Mandatory pre-camp health precautions and screening, including documentation of vaccination, a negative RT-PCR test, or a completed and signed 14-Day Health Screening form, required at Check-In
- Drive-through Check-In on opening day
- Daily health screenings, including daily temperature checks and health screening questions pertaining to COVID-19 symptoms
- Care packages limited to 2 per session per camper
- Cabin groups will be limited to 6 campers and 2 staff members
- "Cabin Family" Groups will be established, where two cabins, consisting of a maximum of 12 campers and 4 counselors, will stay together throughout the week and share most daily camp activities together
- Indoor cabin time will be limited to the evening right before going to sleep
- Physical distancing will be required, with campers staying at least 6 feet away from others outside of their cabin family group and 3 feet from campers within their cabin family group
- Campers will be required to wear facial coverings inside any camp building, except their own cabin, and outside any time that physical distancing requirements are unable to be maintained
- Closing Service will be for campers and staff only
- If a camper develops a fever greater than 100.4°F or other COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, they will be sent home
Registration for 2021 Summer Camp at Camp Capers can be found online, at dwtx.org/capers.
For questions, you may contact Johnson Jeffers, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 830-995-3966.