You're Invited to Celebrate the Rt. Rev. David M. and Patti Reed at Camp Capers
It's time for a County Fair Church Picnic Saturday, October 7 at Camp Capers! The Bishops' Transition Committee is excited to invite everyone in the Diocese of West Texas to celebrate the shared ministry of the Rt. Rev. David M. and Patti Reed. There is no cost to attend, so join us to celebrate Bishop David and Patti at this festival of fun and food for friends of all ages!
Bring your family and friends to Camp Capers for a one-day festival beginning with barbecue lunch at noon, followed by a piñata, Cake Walk, games, and county fair fun on the lawn. Don't worry about missing the Texas v. OU game; we'll have the game streaming on the big screen! The festivities will wrap up with a Closing Service in the St. Francis Chapel, a special Ground Breaking Ceremony for the chapel, and Prayers of Thanksgiving for the Reeds.
The chapel renovation, announced earlier this year, will be a gift to honor Bishop David M. and Patti Reed's wonderful, life-giving ministry to the diocese. Construction will begin at a later date, following the conclusion of the giving campaign. The renovated chapel will seat more than 200 worshipers comfortably, while maintaining the character and feel of the existing building. Expanding the St. Francis Chapel allows Camp Capers to live into its potential by serving people with grace and providing a special place for future generations.
- Give a gift of gratitude for Bishop David & Patti Reed to the St. Francis Chapel Renovation. Text "chapel" to (210) 796-6805, give online, or mail a check to the diocesan office to join this expression of love and gratitude.
- Cakes and Pies Needed: Calling all bakers! Bring your favorite cake or pie to Camp Capers for the Cake Walk, featuring tasty treats from kitchens across the diocese. Each item should have an index card listing the type of cake, your name and church, and any common allergens or special details (nuts, gluten-free, etc) about the cake.
- Share your Favorite Photo: A picture is worth a thousand words. Click here to submit your favorite photos with Bishop Reed and Patti from any era of their ministry to be included in a slideshow presentation.
- RSVP for the County Fair Church Picnic to help the Committee and Camp Capers staff plan the best party ever! Click here to save the printable event flyer and invite your friends to the County Fair Church Picnic at Camp Capers.
- Can't make the County Fair Church Picnic? Save the date for an Evening Fiesta at St. Alban's, Harlingen: November 4.