Happenings are spiritual renewal weekends for older high school students, led by their peers. The Happening Reunion is a one-day opportunity for youth who've already "happened" to reunite with their Happening community for a day filled with youth talks, music, games, small group time, and worship. The registration cost for this day event is $35, which includes three meals.
Families of Happening Reunion participantswho live further away from Camp Capers, or who want to spend a weekend away, may make separate overnight reservations during the weekend of the Happening Reunion (Friday night and/or Saturday night) by contacting Camp Capers Office Manager, Lisa Wray, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: the Happening Reunion event is only for returning participants and staff. We want all first-time Happener's introduction to the Happening Movement to be the full weekend experience, rather than this one-day event, and so any younger siblings who may accompany parents for an overnight stay at Camp Capers will be asked not to participate in the Saturday event.
If you were already registered for Happening #146, please read below for more information about your options. The Happening Registrar will transfer, or cancel, your registration for you and contact you regarding your Session Balance and if any further action is needed.
9:00 AM - Check In begins
9:30 AM - Breakfast tacos
10:00 AM - Morning Program begins
12:00 PM - Lunch
1:00 PM - Afternoon Program
6:00 PM - Dinner
7:00 PM - Send Off and Safe Travels
Happening Reunion Packing List
- Comfortable clothes, outer wear, and walking shoes - most of the Reunion will take place outside! Check the weather forecast for Waring, Tx. and bring the clothes you'll need to enjoy yourself from sun up to sun down.
- Face mask - All youth and adults will be required to wear a face mask at all times indoors, covering their nose, mouth, and chin, except while eating.
- Camp chair - Bring a fold-out, outdoor chair to use while meeting with groups outside.
- Water bottle, refillable
Other COVID-19 Protocol
- COVID-19 Close Contact / Positive Test - if a youth, anyone in their household, or anyone they have had contact with exhibits signs of COVID-19, or receives a positive COVID-19 test, during the 7 days prior to the Happening Reunion, please notify the Happening Board immediately, at email@example.com.
- Temperature Checks - There will be a temperature scan for all participants to utilize during Check-In and when they enter the Dining Hall for meals.
- Arrival & Drop-Off - When you arrive at Camp Capers, enter through the Front Gate and drive through camp towards the Welcome Center. (Click here to view the site map.) We will meet you on the path to take the participant’s temperature and answer any parent questions. Parents, please stay in your car during the temperature check and drop off.
On Thursday, November 12th, the Happening Board made the difficult decision to cancel the Happening #146 weekend, scheduled to take place at Camp Capers the weekend before Thanksgiving. A letter from the Happening Board chair is included below. Any youth who has already attended a Happening or HIS Love weekend is invited to the Happening Reunion, on Saturday, November 21st, without the overnight component of a typical Happening weekend.
A Letter from the Happening Board
November 13, 2020
Good morning Happening community,
At this time, the Happening Board has made the difficult decision to cancel the Happening #146 weekend, scheduled to take place at Camp Capers later this month.
This decision did not come easily and has been made in consultation with Bishop David Reed and the diocesan office, based upon the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Texas Department of State Health Services, local health officials, and the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas. While not the outcome we hoped for when we began planning for this weekend, we believe this difficult choice is the next best step to safeguard participants and staff. All first-time youth or adult Happeners will be given priority registration for the Spring 2021 Happening weekend, scheduled to take place March 5-7.
Everyone who is signed up for Happening #146 may choose from the following cancellation options:
- Transfer your registration to the next Happening weekend (March 5-7, 2021).
- Cancel your registration and donate your registration fee.
- Cancel your registration and receive a full refund, either as an online credit or mailed check.
Happening staff member or HIS Love participant or staff member, may also choose to attend the Happening Reunion, a one-day event taking place at Camp Capers on Saturday, November 21.
The Happening Registrar will handle all requested cancellations, transfers, refunds, and/or donations. Check your email for more instructions, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of the youth leadership team and the Happening Board, thank you for your understanding, and we hope to see you soon.
Happening Board Chair