Happenings are spiritual renewal weekends for older high school students, led by their peers. Each Happening begins Friday evening at 7:00 p.m. sharp, and wraps up around 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. It is a lock-in, so prepare to stay the entire weekend.
Any student in the 10th grade through 12th grade can attend. A small number of adults may also attend. Weekends tend to fill quickly, so don't delay! You will receive detailed information about the weekend via email after you register.
After postponing Happening #146, the Happening Board is overjoyed to announce it will take place at Camp Capers, November 20 -22, 2020. In order to protect participants and staff, COVID-19 guidelines and protocols will be upheld during the Happening planning and during the weekend itself.
First, registration for first-time Happeners will be limited to 20 youth, with the number of youth and adult staff kept low as well. A waiting list will be closely monitored, as usual, to make sure that if anyone becomes unable to attend the next person in line is invited to register.
Accommodations will be limited to four people per cabin, and a majority of the program will be held outside. In addition to the usual packing list, participants will be asked to bring a personal fold-out, camp chair for outdoor seating, a refillable water bottle, and a few face masks. Following the next meeting of the Happening Board, on Saturday, October 17th, finalized safety guidelines and packing list will be released.
The registration cost is $50, and a deposit must be paid to confirm your registration. Scholarships are available.
Please email the Happening Advisory Board Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for scholarship information or other questions.
Online registration is now available.
- Click here to sign up for Happening #146 - for first-time, youth Happeners.
- Click here to sign up for Adult Happening #146 - for adults who are first-time Happeners.
Please consult Participation Guidelines prior to registration.
Other Registration Links
- Click here to sign up to attend HIS Love #146.
- Click here to sign up to serve on Happening Staff #146 - including adult volunteers.
- Click here to sign up to serve on HIS Love Staff #146 - including adult volunteers.
- Click here to complete a Senior Leadership Application form, if you are interested in serving in a Happening or HIS Love Senior Leadership position.