Adult Christian Formation
A development of Bishop Lillibridge's adult Christian formation initiative, a separate site has been developed for various studies designed for churches, small groups and individuals. All the material can be accessed at any time of the year.
- On this site, you will find:
- Prepare the Way - a 2016 Advent study on Isaiah's prophecies by Bishop Gary Lillibridge
- Proclaiming the Kingdom - a 2016 fall study on the Parables of Luke
- Their Eyes Were Opened - a 2016 Easter study
- God Claims Us All - a 2016 Epiphany study
- Mary, Mother of God - a 2015 Advent study
- The Beginning of the Good News - a study on the Gospel of Mark
- Practicing Lent - a 2015 Lenten study
- Watch and Pray - a 2014 Advent study
- Following Jesus - a 2014 Lenten study
Annual Bible Studies
Every year the Diocese of West Texas announces a scriptural theme during the February Diocesan Council weekend and also creates a Bible study for groups to follow. View the published studies here.
Cathedral House Gallery
Cathedral House Gallery, located at the Bishop Jones Center in San Antonio, is a venue for spiritual formation through the arts. The gallery showcases the excellent work of Christian artists and photographers in our diocese and region. Proceeds from sales through the gallery benefit diocesan ministries. Read more here.
Cathedral Park Meditation Walk
The Cathedral Park Meditation Walk is an opportunity to connect with God through the magnificence of his creation. Cathedral Park is sacred ground; in this place God’s spirit lingers and beckons visitors to partake of his presence made palpable through his creation. The Meditation Walk is a self-guided audio tour of the grounds, located at the Bishop Jones Center in San Antonio. Access the audio files here or by our app.
ReflectionsOnline is a blog that complements Reflections magazine, which is published two times a year (spring and late fall) by the Diocese of West Texas. Reflections is a spiritual formation magazine, and each issue is centered on a certain topic. ReflectionsOnline serves to dive deeper into each topic, with expanded articles, interviews with the authors, and audio and visual resources. Visit the site at www.reflections-dwtx.org.