For Your Bulletins
- The Bishop Elliott Society (BES) Spring Lecture Series will be held Friday-Saturday, March 3-4, at the Church of the Good Shepherd, Corpus Christi, with keynote speaker the Rev. Canon Jordan Hylden, Canon Theologian in the Diocese of Dallas. Hylden's lecture is titled, "Keeping the faith in a free country," and he will offer an understanding of how authority, democratic freedom, and church teaching can help chart a way forward in troubled times. All are welcome. There is no fee for BES members; for non-members, the cost is $40, meals included. The program begins at 5:00 p.m. Friday and adjourns after noonday prayers on Saturday. For more information and to register, visit bishopelliott.org.
Happening #136 will be held Friday-Sunday, March 3-5, at St. John's, McAllen. Happening is a spiritual renewal weekend for high school students in the 10th to 12th grades. Each Happening begins at 7:00 p.m. on Friday and completes around 4:30 p.m. Sunday. To learn more about Happening, visit www.dwtx.org/happening. Retreat cost is $50 and scholarships are available.
- In honor of International Women's Day, all women are invited to gather at the Pavilion at Cathedral Park (Bishop Jones Center, 111 Torcido, San Antonio, 78209) beginning at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 7, through 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 8. Like a potluck meal in which women offer their favorite dishes for all to share, we will bring our unique gifts to offer each other, within the gentle hospitality of Cathedral Park Pavilion. The schedule is developing, and you can learn more at www.dwtx.org/women or view the flyer here. For more information, contact Marjorie George or Catherine Lillibridge.
New Beginnings #3, led by Mary Hayden Manning and Olivia Ribble, will take place Friday-Sunday, April 21-23, at Resurrection, San Antonio. This is a spiritual renewal weekend for all middle school youth 6th-8th grade, even those who participated in previous New Beginnings retreats. High school students can apply to be on staff. The Rev. Jim Kee-Rees will serve as the Spiritual Director. Participants register at www.dwtx.org/events. Cost per participant and per staff member is $50; scholarships are available. Contact Mary Hayden Manning, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- See more diocesan events at www.dwtx.org/events.
Safeguarding God's Children
- A Safeguarding God's Children workshop will be held at St. Mark's, San Marcos (3039 Ranch Road 12, 78666), on Saturday, March 11, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. There is no fee to attend. To register, contact Jenny Henderson at 512-964-8483 or email@example.com.
- A Safeguarding God's Children workshop will be held at St. John's, New Braunfels (312 S. Guenther, 78130), on Wednesday, March 22, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. There is no fee to attend. You may bring your own supper; snacks will be provided. To register, contact Cheryl Smith or Lisa Walzem at 830-625-2532.
- A Safeguarding God's Children workshop will be held at St. John's, New Braunfels (312 S. Guenther, 78130), on Sunday, March 26, from noon to 3:00 p.m. There is no fee to attend, and lunch will be provided. To register, contact Cheryl Smith or Lisa Walzem at 830-625-2532.
- Handbook for those who work with children
- For online resources for Safeguarding Trainers, please contact Kirk Mason or Laura Shaver, 888/210-824-5387.
- Diocesan Policy on Background Screenings (revised January 2015) with Level 1 Consent Document and Level 2 & 3 Consent Document
- For pictures of the bishops, the diocesan shield, etc. for download, click here.
- If you work as a communicator (paid, volunteer, in any fashion) at one of our churches, please join our Diocese of West Texas Communicators Facebook page. In Facebook, search for "Communicators Episcopal Diocese of West Texas" and request membership. We network, share resources, announce events and ministry/current news, and we'd love to have you on board.
- For diocesan pictures of events, please visit our Flickr site.